So, what have I done with my camera in the two days that I've had it?
- I took pictures of my dogs. Initially they were willing subjects, but I think Gabby got spooked by the camera noise.
- I took pictures of my tv and feet while watching the camera training DVD that I bough separately.
- I took pictures of a work bench and tools for a catalog cover photo. This is where I learned that I needed to set the ISO higher because my hands are just to shaky. A tripod also helped.
- I took poor pictures of the resteraunt we ate in last night. It was a dark room and I felt bad about the flash going off, so I just put away the camera instead of figuring our how to take a better picture.
- I took pictures of a co-workers wedding dress. She wanted pictures to send to her mom.
I hoping to finish the training DVD either tonight or tomorrow, and then have some time this weekend to go out and take pictures of local people, places and things.
Next weekend I need to get together with Angel, the current Mr. Minneapolis Eagle, and shoot some pictures for the Atons Holiday Fundraiser flyer that I'm laying out.
I'm trying to figure out how I can make a simple, cheap, yet nice backdrop for this shoot. I'm thinking I could just hang a white bed sheet behind the subject and use a couple clamp lights to light him. Won't be the most professional, but I think it will look good.